At 03:43 AM 9/16/2009, you wrote:
Afterthought: independently of whether this is a typo, the fact that
gold gives strongest results should make us lean towards gold or gold
plated wire for the CFP (ColdFusionProject) cathode, don't you think
Abd?

I'd like to see as much information as possible from those with experience. Certainly gold is an option, it's a little cheaper than platinum. Plating over some sturdy substrate makes sense to me. A palladium substrate, i.e., palladium wire, would, I'd think, suck deuterium from the surface, and would thus slow down loading.

What we will do, I expect, is to discuss each detail on the mailing list. There will then be one or more independent working groups that develop a product or products, presumably in communication with the overall list. The project list won't make final decisions, those will be made by those investing their own time and resources or what they have been able to gather.

Still looking for information on visible light emissions or other visible behavior of an active cathode.