From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:28 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:The cost of materials is not a barrier

Fran,

You might be interested in this alternative or reinforcing explanation for
finding a gateway to "free energy" from the mainstream copycats and plagiarists
at PhysOrg.com

"Could Exotic Matter Provide an Infinite Source of Energy?"

September 15th, 2009 By Lisa Zyga

The best thing about this piece is a cool image which is the cover of the
October 1920 issue of Popular Science magazine, painted by Norman Rockwell -
depicting an inventor working on a perpetual motion machine.

(PhysOrg.com) -- Generally, scientists prefer to avoid the concept of perpetual
motion. The idea of a machine that could produce movement that goes on forever,
and using that movement to generate an endless stream of energy, is usually
considered more science fiction than science.

But recently, physicist Pavel Ivanov has investigated previous speculation that
an exotic fluid with unusual properties could cause energy to flow continuously
between different regions of space, resulting in a runaway transfer of energy.
If an advanced civilization were able to construct a device to capture this
energy, it might finally possess its own "perpetuum mobile" -- or perpetual
motion.

Ivanov, from both the University of Cambridge and the Lebedev Physical
Institute in Moscow, has analyzed this possibility in a study accepted to
Physics Letters B. The idea is that a one-dimensional exotic fluid, whose
unique properties such as violating the weak energy condition in particle
physics, leads to a scenario in which there is a light cone with regions of
negative and positive total energies.

Ivanov has calculated the equations of state which give a continuous energy
transfer from the negative regions to the positive regions, resulting in what
he calls "perpetuum mobile of the third kind." However, Ivanov conjectures that
theories "plagued" by solutions involving continuous energy flows should be
discarded as inherently unstable.

END of quoted material

My comment is that this "negative region of space" sounds all too much like
Dirac's sea of negative energy, for it not to be called that from the git-go,
and furthermore, this is all too similar to ZPE theories which are out there.

This could all be a thinly disguised ploy by the "Ivory Tower" late-comers to
try to usurp some of the prior art of us perp-mo's and assorted vorticians -
now that we are on the verge of demonstrating something that they have been
trying to convince the public is impossible.

Shame on them ;-)

From: Roarty, Francis X

Jones,

      I don't believe in the hydrino definition regarding fractional ground
states but Yes I do think "fast" or "relativistic" hydrogen is involved at a
fundamental level in all of LENR. Below is a snip from Wikipedia on Balmer
series visible light spectrum from hydrogen. I suspect the gradient of the
equivalence boundary as suggested by Di Fiore et all is shifting the visible
spectrum in the same way vacuum fluctuations are supposed to be upconverted. If
you can accept that upconversion is relativistic and not just displacing long
flux in favor of short then space time itself twists inside the cavity taking
EVERY spectrum with it from our perspective. Why darker visible instead of
lighter is beyond my skill set but perhaps there is a sub visible line that
becomes dominant and exhibits itself as Black Light plasma?

Best Regards

Fran

[Snip from Wikipedia]
The visible spectrum of light from hydrogen displays four wavelengths, 410 nm,
434 nm, 486 nm, and 656 nm, that reflect emissions of photons by electrons in
excited states transitioning to the quantum level described by the principal
quantum number n equals 2.[1] There are also a number of ultraviolet Balmer
lines with wavelengths shorter than 400 nm.

[end snip]