From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:a...@lomaxdesign.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:56 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The cost of materials is not a barrier

At 03:43 AM 9/16/2009, you wrote:
>Afterthought: independently of whether this is a typo, the fact that
>gold gives strongest results should make us lean towards gold or gold
>plated wire for the CFP (ColdFusionProject) cathode, don't you think
>Abd?

I'd like to see as much information as possible from those with
experience. Certainly gold is an option, it's a little cheaper than
platinum. Plating over some sturdy substrate makes sense to me. A
palladium substrate, i.e., palladium wire, would, I'd think, suck
deuterium from the surface, and would thus slow down loading.

What we will do, I expect, is to discuss each detail on the mailing
list. There will then be one or more independent working groups that
develop a product or products, presumably in communication with the
overall list. The project list won't make final decisions, those will
be made by those investing their own time and resources or what they
have been able to gather.

Still looking for information on visible light emissions or other
visible behavior of an active cathode.