On Oct 24, 2009, Mauro Lacy wrote:

Please consider the following scenario. I'll talk here
about two forces, but you'll see later that they can
be unified:

- An electron approaches a proton, attracted by both,
the electric force and the gravitational force(to a much
weaker extent).

- Approaching the Bohr radius, an inversion process
start to manifest for the gravitational force: it starts
to increasingly repel instead of attract. Let's not
hypothesize now about the reasons for that to be happening,
just let me describe the theory.

- At the Bohr radius, the repulsive gravitational force
equals the Coulomb force, and the electron is stable in
its orbit.

- Inside the Bohr radius, the repulsive force continue
growing up to a certain point, that lies somewhere in the
middle between the orbit of the electron and the center
of the nucleus.

- After that point, gravity becomes attractive again(but
much strongly), and after that, its strength diminishes(not
increases) with distance to the center. And that's the
nuclear force.

The Bohr radius is then the result of the interaction
of the Coulomb force with the "repulsive mode" of the
gravitational force. The other orbitals are other points
of equilibrium of these "two" forces.

To see this more clearly, it's good to think about "spheres
of influence". Please let me give you an example: If we
think of the Moon-Earth system as a whole, and refer all to
the center of the Earth, we can see that gravity(related
to that center), could be repulsive: something that is
under the gravitational influence of the Moon, will be
seen as being repulsed from the Earth. And somewhere in
the middle between the two celestial bodies, a point of
unstable equilibrium will exist, from which everything is
repulsed in one or the other direction.

Continuing the analogy, if we go now to the interior of
the Earth, we'll notice that, although gravity is still
attractive there, its strength now changes directly
with distance, not inversely with the square of the
distance. This is similar as the way the nuclear force
operates.

So, we have two interfaces: At a point between two
celestial bodies, the "sphere of influence" changes, and
so the direction of action changes. That's equivalent to
a point somewhere in the middle of the electron orbit and
the center of the nucleus.

At another point(at the surface of the bodies), a different
inversion process occurs, and now the force, that continues
acting on the same direction, suffers a "change of mode":
It becomes in a direct relation to distance, not an inverse
square relation. That's the domain of the nuclear force.

This is another (good) way to see it:

Center of the Earth (stable equilibrium) <- surface of
the Earth <-- Point in between (unstable equilibrium)
--> surface of the Moon -> center of the Moon (stable
equilibrium)

Center of the nucleus (stable equilibrium, nuclear force
domain) <- "surface" of the nucleus <-- Point in between
(unstable equilibrium) --> "surface" of the electron ->
center of the electron (stable equilibrium)

The arrows with two hyphens (<--) mean "force changes with
the inverse of the square of the distance".  And the one
hyphen arrow (<-) means "force changes with the direct of
the distance".

As you can see, I think that the electrical force and the
gravitational force can be unified, so we have only one
force, with just different modes of operation according
to scale, "environment" and "sphere of influence". In the
atomic domain, the electric mode of operation predominates
to a point. In the celestial domain, the gravitational
mode predominates to a point. But they are only aspects
of one and the same fundamental "force".

In my humble opinion, this is the right path to grand
unification. The reasons for the behavior or different
modes of manifestation of this one underlying "force" must
be sought in the domain of waves and wave interactions,
and I'm working on that at the moment. The integration of
the other forces must also arise as a consequence of a wave
model of this fundamental force, and of its interactions.

Hi Mauro,        10-24-09

This is a neat theory.  I like to think that forces
are applied (mediated) by particles (a "field" is a
fiction useful for calculations).  So, gravity is a push
(by gravitons) as proposed by Le Sage -- does this
work with your theory?

Jack Smith