I have seen only two digital oscillograms of the pressure waves from apparent NAE in the SPAWAR experiments, these were clear characteristic signals, a sharp spike followed by a relaxation. The frequency of occurrence of these spikes may be a few per second, and I'm guessing that they correspond to the heat flashes that the SPAWAR IR imaging shows.

If I set up not just one piezoelectric transducer, but four or six, it should be possible to locate the source of each shock. The entire cell is on the order of 20 microseconds wide at the speed of sound in water, so normally signals from the sensors that match within that window would be coming from a common event. It should be possible to filter the transducer signals and determine the relative arrival time of each signal, and, from that, with each pair of sensors, determine a coordinate of the source.

But it may not be necessary. If the sound is characteristic and not produced when nuclear activity doesn't occur, then one sensor is enough to do the basic job.