On 12/15/2009 02:56 PM, Esa Ruoho wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Stephen A. Lawrence<sa...@pobox.com>  wrote:
In the case of Steorn, one company is claiming that all physicists for the
past century or so have been befuddled over the way magnets work; only the
folks at Steorn really understand it, and we should believe them (and send
money), even though they have no conclusive proof of their claims, and have
in fact published no coherent theory explaining what their claims really
are.
Is this really a no-brainer?  It looks like it to me.

I'm sorry I keep repeating this like a parrot with a record stuck -
but it pains me to see that Steorn STILL don't allow themselves to do
research into the work of people preceding their discovery

What evidence is there (evidence, not unsupported claims) that they have a discovery -- any discovery at all, beyond the obvious one that many people don't do proper "due diligence", and the discovery that vague claims and failed demos can induce (some) investors to send money?

Remember the "jury" Steorn put together to check their claims? Conclusion of Steorn's hand picked jury: There is no evidence of anything. Just unsupported claims.

- and that
they refuse to acknowledge that there have been people prior to them
who have also suggested that there is more to electromagnetism than is
in the books. They still close up ranks and  just are silent about
Leedskalnin,Johnson,Ehrenhaft

What makes you think they know anything about those people? Steorn is not run by scientists -- keep that in mind; it's an important point.

and I'm sure the rest of you have good
names to throw into the mix too. Why?

If you assume they're a scam (until some evidence surfaces that they're not) the reason for their claim to be doing something entirely new is obvious.

Is there any evidence that they're not a scam?

Is it just because they're all
dead, and Steorn came across their anomaly by accident?

What evidence is there that there is any "anomaly" present in any object produced by Steorn&co?

They claim it, but they don't show it.  Claims are not evidence.

Their own jury of hand picked seals refused to bark out "There is evidence" and instead said there was none.

So what evidence is there?

Is it because
they don't want their name associated with previous research, is it to
appease the investors,

"the investors" is the key here.

The investors provide money.

The investors patently don't understand enough about physics, the experimental method, or science in general to evaluate Steorn's claims.

The investors have failed to do "due diligence".

Is there *any* evidence to refute any of the claims I've made here?

do they (Steorn) really not know - haven't they
looked into the literature - what little there is of it  that's,
frankly, quite off-the-wall and maybe a bit bonkers.. Why? I'd send
them the  Energy From The Vacuum DVD Series episodes 1-15 (there's a
nice little package of it available now for about 350$ or so),

Don't waste your money -- don't send ANYTHING of value to Steorn! Not now, not ever!

There is just one simple explanation which entirely accounts for the facts regarding Steorn: They are in business purely to induce people to send them money, and in reality they have no "discovery" at all.

If I sound a little "strong" about this, it's because I find them sickening. People like them poison the whole "alternative energy" field. They make it difficult for legitimate researchers to get anywhere, by raising the suspicion that all alternative energy researchers may be as dishonest as the gang at Steorn.

Do not get sucked in.

but I
simply do not have the funds, nor do I know anyone there who would
give it the time of day - have a little look at it, even..