-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen A. Lawrence

> But why do you think there would be less energy needed to unload the Pd
than it released during loading?   Nothing in these results suggests that.

First off - the level of heat released itself is anomalous. 2 eV is clearly
much higher than expected. That fact (if accurate) gives hope that the
underlying process for providing it, is asymmetrical.

Actually, I see a glimmer of that "non-conservative" suggestion in the other
data as well, but obviously it is only an interpretation. Look again at
Table I with an appreciation that the "unloading" itself could provide
excess energy via gas expansion, instead of requiring it.

The negative energy data - going from phase 1 to phase 2 with hydrogen, are
clearly ambiguous in the details. But the fact it exists at all "could be"
an implication that manipulation of pressure (and heat via Boyles' Law) is
providing a reversible trigger for the anomalous gain, as Arata suggests.
Going beyond that: to a reversible and asymmetrical trigger, is a stretch
for you, but to me it is not ruled out.

> Certainly if picogravity is at the bottom of it, you're dealing with a
conservative force, and what comes out must go back in if you're return
to your starting conditions.

That would depend on such details as to whether the Casimir negative energy
gap could provide a proper 'sink' or energy dump, and whether in the
process, a range of distance near the critical Casimir dimensions (around 2
nm) could be cycled by the sink, so that we get the fabled "ZPE pump" with
energy from another dimension being harnessed.

Check out the Dufour paper. I am not saying it is right. In fact it is new
to me. It might have merit, especially if all of the natural forces are
indeed becoming "unified" at a smaller geometry. We are starting to see this
in many "nano" phenomena and we are knocking on the door of pico.

Basically, it goes back to this - if the "heat from loading" is indeed
anomalous - that fact alone may indicate an asymmetry, since excess heat in
and of itself implies new physics. New physics will not necessarily conform
to old laws in the way you are assuming. Yes, this would be grasping at
straws without Kitamura's published results. Let's hope they can be
confirmed by others.

Jones