-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Jullian

> - but the 2 eV available
> from loading alone without deuterium (contrast that to about .5 eV if the
> hydrogen were burned in air) is a huge surprise -

MJ: Jones, where did you get that  .5 eV figure? I did the maths and found
about 1.5 eV instead, here is the Google calculator result;

((294.6 / 2) / 6.02e23) * kJ = 1.52719998 electron volts

Michel, the half-eV figure is the common 'real world' estimate based on the
maximum average temperature of the resultant steam - but even so, it appears
you did not first deduct the dissociation energy of O2 and H2 and then later
deduct the parasitic losses of NOx, peroxides etc. and the other losses that
are expected in actual practice, for combustion in air?

IOW there are lies, damn lies, and theoretical calculations ;) when trying
to go from 'paper numbers' to actual practice. Kitamura's numbers were
indicated to be actual practice (if they can be trusted) so it is fair to
contrast those numbers with that which would happen if one were to actually
burn H2 in air - and .5 eV is a fair estimate even if you discount the 80%
of air which is nearly inert.

Since water can be split into H2 and O2 with 1.23 volts - does it stand to
reason that one could get 1.5 eV in return ? That was rhetorical; and of
course this one of nature's built-in cases of "systemic overunity" -

... except for the damn lie that it simply does not work out that way in
practice - but it does serve to contrast the large disparity of the "actual
with the calculated".

> Did I get it wrong?

Well, let's say that you got it partly right and mostly wrong - if your
intent was to suggest that hydrogen can be burned in air with resultant
steam being formed at about 17,000 degrees K.

Jones