2009/12/28 Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>:

> - but the 2 eV available
> from loading alone without deuterium (contrast that to about .5 eV if the
> hydrogen were burned in air) is a huge surprise -

Jones, where did you get that  .5 eV figure? I did the maths and found
about 1.5 eV instead, here is the Google calculator result;

((294.6 / 2) / 6.02e23) * kJ = 1.52719998 electron volts

294.6 kJ/mol is the energy released per mole of D2O formed (=minus the
enthalpy of formation of D2O), which I divided by 2 (2 D per D2O) and
by Avogadro's number and then converted to eV to find the burning
energy in eV per D atom. Did I get it wrong?

Michel