Dear Peter,

If I was the inventor, I would take my cold fusion cell, *as a black
box to preserve my secrets*, to whatever authority accepts to test it
(Earthtech is willing, if NIST is willing let it be NIST, good idea),
to get the excess heat certified.

Why, you ask? To make it considerably easier and faster for me to get
funding to do the important things you mentioned, scale up etc. And to
take the field out of the ghetto it's been sitting in for 21 years,
which accessorily would save the planet from boiling itself to death.

Michel