Jed Rothwell
On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:33 Jed Rothwell said

            >Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

>The entire palladium lattice can be considered a collection of cavities.

No, it is a lattice. A lattice is not the same as a cavity. A cavity is a
break in the lattice, in which D2 molecules can form. Deuterons cannot come
together to form molecules in a lattice. They might be able to come together
to form helium atoms. That's the subject of debate, but no one asserts they
can form D2.

Jed, Abd may have a point, if we consider the cathode a stack of Casimir
plates that have all been pulled together by Casimir force to form a solid,
atoms in small numbers form covalent bonds then clusters before they start
to form metallic bonds - perhaps metallic bonds are a function of Casimir
effect - the almost free electron generated by this squeezing together of
the lattice.

You also say deuterons cannot come together to form D2 in the lattice but I
posit that fractional d2 formed in the cavities which act like our pump to
fractionalize atoms then tie them together with a diatomic bond. These
fractional d2 molecules would then be stuck in the lattice just like normal
d2 is stuck outside of a Pd membrane. Where do Miley and Arata claim they
observe the f/h or f/d?

Regards

Fran