OK, we are agreed that P1V1/T1 =P2V2/T2 even applies to state changes of gas
atoms. Normally Anything that effects the volume of the overall  population
but here is where COE meets Casimir effect

Which allows monatomic gas to translate "Freely" with very little opposition
to fractional states, We can ignore the argument about this being
relativistic or not and just treat this as a property of a Pd membrane that
allows monatomic gas to pass but is a barrier to diatomic gas.  My posit is
that when f/h1 becomes f/h2 it finds itself surrounded by barriers where it
must remain locked until it is again disassociated by random thermal energy.
Unlike normal h2 this f/h2 does have one additional  energy gradient that it
can tap to help it translate back to normal h2. The sum of vacuum
fluctuation energy that determined it's fractional value is decreasing as it
leaves the cavity boundaries  and enters the lattice, that differential
wants to reshape the orbitals of the f/h2 but is prevented from doing so by
the diatomic bond. I am humbly suggesting these f/h2 or f/d2 can take up
positions normally occupied by a single d1 and that defects and cavities can
be considered the pump houses where  fractional diatomic bonds are utilized
as containment vessels.

Regards

Fran

Jones Beene