Hi Jedm that's very interesting, and I'm glad to know about it.

For completeness's sake, I'll develop two other (related) hypothesis
regarding the origin of these variations. Always trying to explain the
reason for the phase shift:

If you recall my graphs related to this I made some months ago:
<http://maurol.com.ar/decay_rates/velocity_distance.png>http://maurol.com.ar/decay_rates/halflife_bnl+Rx.jpg
and
http://maurol.com.ar/decay_rates/velocity_distance.png
(reprocessed)

The "X" component of the distance ("$3" in the graphs), and the "Y"
component of the velocity ("$7" in the second graph), both closely match
the bnl decay rate changes.

After a careful orientation of the solar system inside the galaxy,  I
realized that "X" is the component of the distance that is in a
direction almost  perpendicular (~6 degrees of difference) to the
galactic center, on the plane of the ecliptic.
And "Y" is then almost pointing to the galactic center. Always on the
plane of the ecliptic.

As the plane of the ecliptic is tilted 60 degrees with respect to the
plane of the galaxy, when X is negative we're closer to the galactic
plane, and when positive we're farther from it.

And when the Y velocity component is positive, we're traveling almost
towards the galactic center, and when negative, we're travelling away
from it.

What does this mean in relation to the decay rate changes? It could mean
two things:
1) Closeness to the galactic plane increases the decay rates.
2) Moving away from the galactic center does it, and is related to how
fast the movement is.
Or both effects acting together.

I'll now reproject the components of the distance and velocity as if
exactly viewed from the galactic center, to see if a better match in
phase is achieved.

Regards,
Mauro