At 01:48 PM 10/7/2010, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Indeed. I am getting tired, and I do fear that the field will die when the last researcher dies. People such as Patterson and Les Case died leaving no trace of their work and no chance that anyone will replicate them.

Jed, don't give up. Seriously. There are so many other positive signs. Not the least of these is Ed Storms being appointed to the editorial board of Naturwissenschaften, and the publication of that review, "Status of cold fusion, 2010."

Seriously, the AIP publication would have looked good, but those were all just a notch up from conference papers. Maybe the AIP didn't like the standards, but, from the beginning this has been the physicists against the chemists. Bauer on Pathological Science. Have you read that paper? He talks about the "pathological science" concept, thoroughly debunks it, and with special reference to cold fusion. It was published under peer review, I believe, and is on-line. Come to think of it, shouldn't this be in the bibliographies? Britz put in other papers that were not as much on point as Bauer....