Jones Beene wrote:
If he claims the entire sample has been lost, he will lose all credibility
in my book. ALL. No one loses such a sample. He is essentially dead in the
water, in the eyes of 99% of Physics, if this sample is unaccounted for now.

I believe the samples have been sent out for analysis. I heard that somewhere, not sure where. I do not think he would claim the sample is lost. Based on my communications with him so far, I think he is likely to say he is sorry but the analysis is confidential because of trade secrets. He says he is keeping many secrets. He is not as bad as Patterson and Reding, and some others in this field, who actively tried to reduce belief in their work. They tried to reduce their own credibility, so that others would not enter the field and compete with them. They wanted more "future market share," as Reding put it. I told Reding that he would end up with 100% of zero dollars, whereas with a sane business strategy he might get 1% of a trillion dollars. He did not agree. I was right.

I can understand why Rossi is keeping secrets. The Patent Office is partly to blame, because they have embargoed cold fusion. Rossi is also to blame because his patents are . . . peculiar.