On 02/27/2011 08:55 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
> Jed and Stephen,

Premises?  No, just simple definitions.

They're using well accepted and understood terms, and the definitions of
those well understood terms simply rule out what they're saying -- it's
as though they said, "Black is really white".  It's false, by definition.

If they've redefined common words and terms, they should bloody well say
so -- that's not "premises" which are in question, it's plain old
communication.

What they were claiming was silly.  If they actually meant something
else, which wasn't silly, they should have claimed that, instead.

If they said something other than what they meant, is it the fault of
the listeners that they weren't understood?