-----Original Message-----
From: Steven V Johnson

> Regarding the hydrino theory, my first impression would be to conclude...
> that not enough hydrogen was consumed (into hydrinos) that would explain the
massive amount of heat recorded.

Right on! Steven. You get points for having been thinking about this closely,
instead of buying into what others are trying to spoon-feed the audience - and
you have seen the problem. This is a critical point.

When you compare the amount of hydrogen "lost" compared to the energy released,
it works out to something like 100 keV per proton (but that can vary depending
on which Rossi quote you have) ... which is far less than the energy of fusion
- at least 1-2 MeV per proton, if it were Ni-H fusion, and far more than Mills
typical 27.2-54.4 eV.

Now Robin will say this is somewhat consistent with nearly complete shrinkage
down to the virtual neutron, but then you should see radioactivity. Not seen.

Essentially this is why I concocted the 'quark power' concept presented
recently. It is further afield from the mainstream than anything else out
there, and admittedly it was invented to match the quirky results of Rossi, and
that is its only redeeming value.

In this hypothesis one would expect to see "disappearing hydrogen" with some
thermal energy left in the reactor from quark "reorganization" (into
strangelets or dark matter) ... and the remnant energy should be in this range,
to be consistent with QCBE (i.e. the range of quantum chromodynamic binding
energy) which would be left over from such a reaction.

Jones