On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> It looks to me like the water inlet goes through the center of the reactor.
> This would likely be a copper pipe along the axis, surrounded by the nickel
> powder. Copper ions would immediately start to migrate when heat was applied
> to the outside of the reactor. Did you enlarge the pictures? There is lots
> of detail. The water has to go through the reactor, and the simplest way is
> a Cu pipe down the axis. Why is that problematic?
>
> The conditioning time could be a day or two - and this would be needed
> anyway. Arata, Kitamura, Takahashi all talk about conditioning the powder.
>
> Of course, Rossi might be trying to disguise the fact that he is 'seeding'
> the nickel from the start, in addition.

Because that is not what I envision.  I envision a SS reactor vessel
enclosed within a copper sphere attached to a copper pipe.  The
reactor vessel is suspended inside the copper and the water passes
outside the SS reactor.  Water does not enter the reactor vessel but
passes around it.  Otherwise, how do you maintain the H2 pressure?