The write up says: "the reaction chamber is made of stainless steel" so I would assume that the water flows around the outside of it.
Ron

--On Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:17 PM -0700 Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

It looks to me like the water inlet goes through the center of the reactor.
This would likely be a copper pipe along the axis, surrounded by the nickel
powder. Copper ions would immediately start to migrate when heat was applied
to the outside of the reactor. Did you enlarge the pictures? There is lots
of detail. The water has to go through the reactor, and the simplest way is
a Cu pipe down the axis. Why is that problematic?

The conditioning time could be a day or two - and this would be needed
anyway. Arata, Kitamura, Takahashi all talk about conditioning the powder.

Of course, Rossi might be trying to disguise the fact that he is 'seeding'
the nickel from the start, in addition.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Blanton

IN SHORT - the migratory copper itself appears to be the "secret"
catalyst,
but only after it alloys with the nickel to form this super catalytic
alloy
- which almost splits the hydrogen molecule on contact. Unbelievable !

Well, then, it can't be migratory unless Rossi conditions each ECat
for a period of time to allow enough Cu to migrate into the reactor.
So, the other explanation is he dopes the Ni with Cu, again not
migratory.