Rossi wrote:

2- a patent like this can request up to 6 years of processing

I do not know what that means. Rossi told me he hopes to "have the patent" by the time of the 1 MW reactor. I took that to mean the application will be filed, not granted. I believe that nowadays, European patents are revealed soon after they are filed, not when they are granted.

Anyway, if they start to sell the machines, they will be reverse-engineered in no time. I'll bet that a working machine is a better guide than the patent will be. That might not be true of a complex object such as a CPU chip, but the E-Cat is simple, with few components. Once you replicate the powder you are 98% home free.