SHIRAKAWA Akira wrote:

I assume this part is accurately translated:

"So there were two parallel lines of research: on one side, the
deuterium and palladium people, who never got anything . . ."[...]

Yes, it is. Several people on discussion boards I read on the matter have criticized that excerpt from the original audio interview for the same reasons . . .

But Peter Gluck wrote: ". . . one word is missing: 'technological.'"

What do you mean by "missing word"? Did Focardi say this and it is missing from the translation? Or did he fail to say this and he should have?

If he said it, I judged him too harshly.

I hope that is what he meant, in any case.

You see that he is outspoken and he says all kinds of things, including stuff better left unsaid. Maybe he was just exaggerating, or mouthing off. It is hard to believe he does not know there have been positive results from palladium.