On 2011-04-15 21:07, Jed Rothwell wrote:
I am surprised no one else has picked up on this. This part of the
Focardi interview is likely to put the President of Greece and the Min.
of Energy in the hot seat:
[...]

Does it? Personally when I heard that in the original audio I assumed what Focardi said was a huge simplification of what actually went on between Stremmenos and the Greek government. But you're right, I guess the press would like to hear the details about that.

By the way, I think that has something to do with Nickel mining, of which Greece is number 1 in Europe (excluding Russia). Having nickel powder production on site where it's produced would be quite convenient, I suppose, and I guess special permits would be needed. If Rossi's reactor will be successful, expanded Nickel mining alone would bring a lot of needed new jobs that the government might want to regulate. Also if this will actually happen, the Greek government might want to tax nickel used in E-cat power production to account for the loss of revenues due to the decrease of hydrocarbon usage. Maybe this is what Focardi was referring about in a few words.

There has been a post about that on Passerini's blog last week, with a nice and in my opinion informative discussion among users (in Italian only, unfortunately):

http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/04/estrazione-di-nickel-nel-mondo.html

Cheers,
S.A.