What you say means NO reliable measurements can be made.
Take please a look at the Web for *Ni isotope measurements*. Inductively
coupled mass spectrometry is very performant, even the small variations in
natural abundance of the Ni isotopes can be measured and evaluated.
If you wish I can found you an analytical lab relatively near to Atlanta
and you could ask them about precision and price both for Ni and Cu.
I can ask at my former workplace- however they have worked mainly with
lighter elements/isotopes.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck