Peter Gluck wrote:

What you say means NO reliable measurements can be made.

Experts tell me that would depend on who is making them.

Take please a look at the Web for *Ni isotope measurements*. Inductively coupled mass spectrometry is very performant . . .

Is that the method Focardi used? In both studies?

The fact is, we have contradictory reports. Focardi says one thing, Essen says another. There are two possibilities:

1. They are getting different answers from the same sample (or the same type of sample) because one of them is doing mass spectroscopy incorrectly.

2. The sample they sent to Essen is fake.

I discount explanation #2. I cannot think of any reason why they would bother to do that. If they didn't want him to learn the nature of the material, they would politely refused to send him anything. They would not go to the trouble of sending a carefully dummied-up fake sample. These people are busy and do not have time for such elaborate deceptions. Furthermore, why would they send him a fake sample that calls into question their claims, with natural isotopes?