On 2011-04-15 23:46, Jed Rothwell wrote:

The effect can be quenched with the following methods:
[...]
Inject N to displace the H.

Recently he added:
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=64

* * *

2. I’ve read that you once had to stop the machine by insufflating nitrogen and that the E-cat has to be steered or controlled by electricity. What would happen if there’s a break in the supply of electricity ? would it then be necessary to stop the machine, and if so, how? Is there a need for an alternative supply of electricity to step in, in form of a (rechargeable) backup battery, in such situations? And would it be a safety step to replace the hydrogen tube with a nitrogen ditto in order to stop the process by an automatic valve which opens up when needed ? for ex if the machine becomes overheated?

Andrea Rossi
March 30th, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Dear Mr Ake Ostlund:
1- when the powder has to be changed, as you correctly suggest, the hydrogen tube has to be disconnected 2-I neve insufflated Nytrogen. That info was wrong. If there is a black out, the E-Cat automatically stops, for lack of current: it is intrinsecally safe
Warm Regards,

* * *

Ok, I'll post all of these in a list later, not going to create a new post each time, although I'm tempted.

Cheers,
S.A.