Akira Shirakawa <shirakawa.ak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not only the powder, it's the whole reactor vessel that has to be replaced
> periodically. In my opinion this is probably also a safety measure in order
> to avoid long-term problems due to prolonged exposure to heat, relatively
> high internal pressures and hydrogen embrittlement . . .

Based on other hydrogen systems, I expect it will last a lot longer than 6
months. It will if it is engineered right. The catalyst should last longer
if they put more into the cell.

It may be that early versions of the device will require more frequent
service and replacement, but I expect that after a while it will go for a
year or two without replacement.

As I recall, the very first jet aircraft engines flew for only 10 hours or
so before extensive overhauls were needed. If you did not overhaul them,
they exploded.