Terry Blanton wrote:
The ECat in the reporter's video actually has two H valves of different types.

I noticed that. That's what I was thinking about. I don't know a thing about them, but the ones used by Miles and Mizuno to study the gas are uniform and they look like they are of higher quality. They cost a fortune.

Of course tritium is radioactive so it is easier to detect in the sample, and there is none in the air so you don't have to worry as much about contamination . . . But still, a serious effort to search for gas products calls for a lot of care, top notch stopcocks, connectors and whatnot. There are involved procedures for hooking the thing up to the flask and flushing the atmosphere out with nitrogen. You are never allowed to touch the surfaces of the pipes. You have to wear surgical gloves. I can't see Rossi doing that!

A rough and ready test for tritium or copper isotopes would prove nothing, in my opinion. Rossi is a rough and ready kind of guy. He doesn't care about heat at levels below a kilowatt. He and Focardi dismiss it as useless. Other researchers would love to get 100 W reliably.

He reminds me a little of the late Les Case. Only Rossi is way more successful.

There is nothing wrong with the rough-and-ready approach, if it works. There is also nothing wrong with the extreme opposite McKubre approach.