Jones Beene wrote:

The further problem for believing the story of 170 mew reactors is that it is
probable that the final design for the control system is not in place yet, AND
he says he is still working on the catalyst, as well. Do you build lots of
units when your final design is not in place and you could need to add a
different catalyst?

Sure, as long as you think any catalyst will work well with that cell configuration. He must think the 50 ml cell configuration is optimum for any catalyst.

This is equivalent to F&P building a test bank of 64 cells and ordering a bunch of Dewar cells. The cells were all the same; only the cathodes and methods of running them varied.

Kitamura has been running several kinds of different nanoparticle catalysts with the same two calorimeter cells.

The control system and the plumbing links between the cells may be very difficult to engineer. That's the part he has not done yet. He has been building cells and making different kinds of catalyst for years, so he knows the ins and outs of that side of the development. Having a bunch of cells per-tested individually, lined up and waiting for the final control unit and plumbing configuration would be a plus.

On the other hand, if it turns out the 1 L cells are best after all, then he will have hundreds of useless mini-eCat cells lying around. Maybe he will be kind enough to sell them to scientists, with catalyst included. He could sell them for $10,000 each, easily.

I have to say, when I envision a giant array of 350 mini-Rossi devices, maybe 7 x 7 x 7, with all those control cables, cooling water pipes, and hydrogen feed lines . . . it makes me ill. What a nightmare! 350 problems waiting to happen. 350 connectors for the water to leak, and 350 tanks and hydrogen pipes for the gas to leak out of. That is not to say that a multitude of small devices cannot be tamed. Some weeks ago, I proposed a single-unit design with a single top that fits on all cells. I would do something along these lines, rather than have many individual discrete cells and hoses strung out every which direction.