I don't understand the concern about refueling... The process is really simple.

You only startup 25 units per day... So it takes 12 days to get the entire 300
units up and running.
When it comes time to do the 6 months refueling, you only refuel 25 per day and
the reserve units
are more than enough to handle the job. In two weeks, you're all done with the
refueling and you're
good to go for another 6 months...

And even if you did start them all up in one day, but only do 25
refuelings/day, so what if you're 2
weeks over 6 months to complete the refueling... I think there's more than
enough un-reacted Ni to
last that extra 2 weeks while your busy refueling.

-Mark