I repeat: the nickel powder is only 3% or less of the volume of the reaction
chamber. It must be affixed to the stainless steel reaction vessel wall. The
grid is a thin nickel screen that is placed between the powder and the
heater filament. The grid has a positive potential and it accelerates the H-
ions produced by the heater filament toward the stainless steel reaction
vessel wall at high speed.