Terry/Steven,
Excellent out of the box thinking!

So we've got a little particle accelerator inside this thing as well! We not
going to let the H
slowly migrate its way in, we're going to smash it in!  I.e., we're too
impatient to just let
electrochemistry take its course or wait for adsorption to occur, we'll do it
exactly when we want,
how often we want and how hard we want.  That way, things happen in the time
that we need them to
happen.

And if there is a dielectric layer then its not passing DC, which means we're
dealing with AC,
which, if I remember correctly, there has been a shot of an oscilloscope screen
with a
negative-going pulse; was it ever explained what that scope was connected to?
Certainly not the
pump... So the only other possibility was the heater wire?  Is it the
repetition rate that throttles
the reaction rate?

Pulse the particle accelerator, slam a number of H's into the Ni, back off
pulse, let reaction occur
which generates a pulse of heat, which needs a little time to disperse, then
pulse the accelerator
again... Voila!

Tell Garwin we're almost ready to make him some tea! ;-)

In the horse race as to what happens first, October plant going online or
someone else figuring this
out, I'd have to say that the Vortexian thoroughbred has pulled into the
lead... Good work guys!

-Mark