Makes me wunder if applying heat is really all that necessary. ...Or
perhaps raw external heat is only necessary at first, as Rossi seems
to indicate.

The speculated implication is that it's actually the amount of
electron packing going on that is a crucial element in sustaining the
reaction.

Perhaps once the "chain reaction" is initiated the external heating
element essentially becomes irrelevant. (This would make sense to me.
I never understood WHY Rossi always claimed it's necessary to keep the
external heating element always on - for allegedly "safety reasons."
That never made any sense to me. Makes me think the heating element is
actually there for another reason.) Once the reaction is initiated,
perhaps it then becomes a matter of controlling the amount of electron
packing going on which, in turn, manipulates the strength of the
reaction.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com