And what about this little tidbit:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,761201,00.html

"Greece Considers Exit from Euro Zone

By Christian Reiermann

REUTERS
A protest against austerity measures in Athens. Greece is considering
leaving the euro zone, according to sources in the German government.
The debt crisis in Greece has taken on a dramatic new twist. Sources
with information about the government's actions have informed SPIEGEL
ONLINE that Athens is considering withdrawing from the euro zone. The
common currency area's finance ministers and representatives of the
European Commission are holding a secret crisis meeting in Luxembourg
on Friday night.

Greece's economic problems are massive, with protests against the
government being held almost daily. Now Prime Minister George
Papandreou apparently feels he has no other option: SPIEGEL ONLINE has
obtained information from German government sources knowledgeable of
the situation in Athens indicating that Papandreou's government is
considering abandoning the euro and reintroducing its own currency.

<more>

Well, I might be injecting more to this than I should, but what Sword
of Damocles might the Greek government hold over the head of the EU?
A threat of bankruptcy or exclusive rights in the EU to a new energy
source?

It all could be coincidence; but, did we know about the patent before today?

Interesting times, indeed!