OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson wrote:

However, I do not think that errors in theory will
invalidate a patent of this nature.
I don't know enough about patents to pass judgment on such matters.

Neither do I, but that's what someone who knows about patents told me. Apparently, as long as the machine does the main task it is intended for (producing heat in this case), and as long as the patent meets other criteria such as the Best Mode Requirement, it is okay if there are technical mistakes in it.

If that is the policy, it is sensible, because most newly discovered technology is suboptimal and there are often mistakes in the discoverer's work.