From: Axil Axil [mailto:janap...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 6:47 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]: arXiv paper: Enhanced low energy fusion rate in palladium...

I beleive that this reference is the same as in my post "the dipole constrant"

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Mark Iverson <markiver...@charter.net> wrote:

FYI:

"Enhanced low energy fusion rate in palladium (Pd) due to vibrational deuteron
dipole-dipole
interactions and associated resonant tunneling that over-cancels the Jastrow
factor between deuteron
pair wavefunctions"

Abstract
We show that interstitial hydrogen nucleii on a metallic lattice are strongly
coupled to their near
neighbours by the unscreened electromagnetic field mediating transitions
between low-lying states.
We then show that in almost-stoichiometric PdD clusters, in which most
interstitial sites are
occupied by a deuteron, certain specific superpositions of many-site product
states exist that are
lower in energy than the single-site ground state, suggesting the existence of
a new low temperature
phase. The modified behaviour of the two-particle wavefunction at small
separations is investigated
and preliminary results suggesting an over-canceling of the effective Coulomb
barrier are presented.

Mark N. Iverson

markiver...@charter.net