Awkshully, Mark -  you covered the H+H situation too, back in Jan:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg42057.html

but it bears repeating, since Dr Brown did comment directly to Rossi.

The important things which Julian misses IMHO - and which makes this
energetic reaction both NON-fusion, energetic and sub-nuclear - is the Nyman
paper:
http://dipole.se/
.... which explains how the probability of a strong force interaction
becomes far more likely than ever suspected - but since P+P fusion is
forbidden at low energy - we must resort to the Dirac alternative for gain,
which is the epo-field disruption by the strong force - resulting in 6.8 eV
photons.

This is the excess heat of the Rossi reaction IMO. Fortunately, the
hypothesis is falsifiable.

Jones

Julian Brown
January 27th,

Congratulations Mr Rossi. You may have saved the planet.

The anomaly has a relatively simple explanation:

Effective potential for H in Ni and Pd is very flat because of surrounding
countercharge, so ground state of H has gaussian width of about 0.3
Angstrom.

H-omega transition to 1st excited state in harmonic well is about 50 meV (8
THz). This frequency is not attenuated over lattice cell dimensions, so
transitions are unscreened.

Ground->excited -- exited->ground interaction between neighbours causes
first
excited doublet of two H to mix into bonding and anti-bonding states.

Splitting, large because of 0.3A width, may be greater than h-omega, so
bonding
state is actually true ground state.

Dipole attraction exactly cancels monopole repulsion at very short H-H
distances.

Gaussian tail from neighbouring cell can overlap with other H without any
exponential die-off, resulting in nuclear contact and some sort of p+p
reaction.

Multisite coherence forbids emission of short wave quanta, so normal n,p,
gamma
channels are forbidden.

See http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0703715 for the details.

From: Mark Iverson

No, the one in your post was:
"H-H dipole interactions in fcc metals"
which I think has been mentioned on vortex a few times.

What they have in common is the mind of J.S.Brown.
-Mark

From: Axil Axil
I beleive that this reference is the same as in my post "the dipole
constrant"
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Mark Iverson <markiver...@charter.net>