At 02:58 PM 6/23/2011, Joshua Cude wrote:
But still, you've identified a way the steam could be dry and still pinned to the boiling point. Unfortunately, evidence that it *is* dry is still absent. And in the Krivit video, the feeble puff of steam at the output is pretty good evidence that most of the liquid does not change phase.

Not actually. There will be reduction in steam output due to cooling in the hose. It's to be expected. The question is how much. And I'm suspicious of all the ad-hoc calculations. The whole point of a conclusive demo is to make such calculations as simple as possible

Basically, assume 750 W of input power, how much steam would be expected *at the end of a three meter hose* like that. My sense is, not a whole lot! My guess is that we might not see anything except a little mist.

But it's a guess.