Terry,

               I think there are at least 2 levels of activation and the
imperfections in the lattice you mention are a priori. I was

a long time convinced that the Casimir effect was limited to the Casimir
geometry but have come to believe that these cavities can translate resident
gases into fractional clusters that can then self maintain their fractional
arrangement to migrate and store themselves in the same lattice vacancies
normally occupied by a single hydrogen proton. Perhaps the differences Jones
was alluding to regarding materials that produce heat like Ni-H  vs
materials that produce good loading ratios for ICF targets relates to the
geometry of the undamaged lattice and the cluster formations. If Rossi has
found a method to amplify the heat generation it may actually be by means of
preventing the clusters in the lattice.. This is assuming some balance
between the initial formation of these clusters in the cavities and the
ability of the surrounding lattice to maintain the clusters.

Regards

Fran

Terry Blanton
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:56:34 -0700

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> The curious thing about all of this is that the nano-nickel which did not

> load was still producing net heat gain, ala Rossi. And wouldn't you know
it

> -  this one, which loads well, has yet to produce net excess heat. Go

> figure. That is why LENR is so frustrating. The devil is in the details.

>From all of what I have read, it seems to me that the reactions are

not occurring within the perfected cells of the metal lattice but at

the discontinuities or imperfections.  There's something happening at

the crystal boundries which causes the nuclear reactions.