Re metals tried successfully, Prof Piantelli wrote me, inter alia:

"all the metals from the four transition metal groups are able to work, more
or less;

Naturally some work better than the other due to a better electronic
conformation in the most external shell and  Zr is one of these.

The W of Iwamura also works and also Th and some rare earths.

These all are described in my newest patent filed  in 2008 and in the
publication in print at the Atti del Accademia dei Fisocritici. The
mechanism for Zr and for the transition metals is always the same as with
Ni. Obviously the transmutations of the active elements that take place are
different for each metal used.  Till now we have obtained very satisfactory
with Ti, Cr, Mn and Fe- with very good results. The analysis of these
elements by SEM- EDAX after extraction from the cell shows that the
secondary reactions due to the expulsed protons (using the same materials
for the cells as for Ni) are practically the same if we change the elements
present in the active core  the answers to the primary reaction of nuclear
capture"

.

> As you see, it is a huge area for research. The trouble is that the most

used palladium has a relatively unfavorable electronic structure.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania