>From Abd:

> This should be made clear: that kind of phenomenon doesn't

> mean that the effect is not real. It means that the conditions

> are poorly understood or not controllable.

> But the unreliability is fatal to commercial application. Rossi

> may have seen some truly spectacular amounts of heat. That

> doesn't mean that he's necessarily ready for a commercial

> product, and, indeed, he might be running on that belief:

> It's almost ready now!

Pretty close to my thoughts on the matter as well. If anything, Rossi is a
showman.

Abd can correct me if I error here, but where I may disagree with him might
be on the matter concerning the data generated from the 18 hour test. The
figures recorded may be perfectly valid, just as Jed has been saying for the
umpteenth time. Perhaps Rossi was having a good day and his testy eCats were
cooperating. In fact, maybe Rossi's eCats really do cooperate MOST of the
time, but not enough to warrant (er... risk) obliging pesky reporters with a
continuous string demonstrations simply to put their suspicions at ease.

Lately, I tend to suspect that while Rossi's eCats might not necessarily be
reliable enough for prime-time commercialization, the contraptions may be
VERY close to being fully predictable, and that's what Ross sees: The
perception (the VISION) that they are almost there. For Rossi: Surely by
October I'll have it in the can. We should hope.

In terms of developing brand new software for prime time and with a deadline
looming over one's head, it's been my experience that the final chapter of a
project can take the longest period of time to complete. You know everything
works as advertised. You've tested it over and over... but damnit! ...why
does the application still have a random tendency to crash between 7:30 and
8:00 on Sunday evening when hardly anyone is using it! What the hell is
clobbering it! Yada...yada... And then when it's finally is placed into
production, that's when you REALLY find the errors! Don't worry. Your
customers will describe all of its faults in meticulous detail... and why
had you not tested for such-and-such a contingency. Surely you must have
realized that such-and-such was bound to happen!

I'm not at all surprised that Rossi claims he has been working 18
hours-a-day.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

www.OrionWorks.com