At 04:41 PM 8/17/2011, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
That's 11 litres or 3 Gallons. I think he'd have noticed that.

Lewan found about half the water ended up in the bucket. He noticed it, in other words, he measured it. Unfortunately, he did not examine it closely enough. It would have been far better if he'd sparged the steam in a known volume of water and monitored the water temperature. We don't know if the half the water that was missing actually was vaporized in the E-Cat and stayed that way, or escaped as later evaporation. I'll say this: that Lewan measurement, as simple as it was, is the strongest evidence for excess heat in the demonstrations. What happened to half the water?


> During the April 28 test, we also checked the steam flow through the outlet hose regularly. Some steam was reasonably being condensed back into water in the three-meter-long tube that was exposed to air and was thus at a slightly lower temperature, and a small amount of water was observed coming out of the hose.

> The amount of water coming out before boiling was clearly larger, and this was initially measured.

So the eCat STARTED full and then emptied.

I don't think you understand. You dont' know that the E-cat emptied. "Small amount of water" is not quantified; all that Lewan really says here is that when the device was operating, less water came out than when it wasn't operating and water was only being pumped through. From weighing, I think that this was roughly 50%. Unclear.

I'll have to look into that too. I'll rewrite that section, since it doesn't matter if it empties, only if it overflows.
http://www.spiraxsarco.com/resources/steam-engineering-tutorials/steam-engineering-principles-and-heat-transfer/heating-tanks-and-vats-by-steam-injection.asp

It has been asserted that the chimney was dry, specifically by Galantini, using "eyeballing." That could be quite misleading. There is pressure in the chimney, raising the boiling point by perhaps a degree C. If there is a thin film of water on a probe, and the probe has been allowed to adjust to the internal temperature, both the probe and adhering water will be above the ambient boiling point, i.e, when the probe is withdrawn, the water would immediately vaporize when the pressure is relieved. There would be much more definitive ways of ruling out liquid water overflow, but they were not used.

I'll look at his report/ comments again.

Lewan didn't see 11 litres of water, therefore it was not overflowing, therefore the eCat is running ABOVE the dryout point, therefore the Steam quality is above (est) 75%, therefore the Total power is above 4300W

Notice how you based a series of conclusions on what Lewan allegedly didn't see. Lewan's actual observations indicate only half the water vaporized, very roughly. (Hard to tell, because steam may have condensed in the bucket. Steam sparging is done with *cool* water so that all the steam is condensed. Water coming out the hose would be at or close to boiling. That is not effective for sparging steam, I think. So steam will escape, with some mist as well. I think that sparging is done with something that creates very tiny steam bubbles. Not just a big hose!)

That's why I'm still calling this a working draft!





Reply via email to