>From 410E :  (Sorry for the pre-post reply format)He runs it in three modes:

     A) 800W input, with NO input water flow.

    Significant Visible SteamLittle water collected in the tube (no
percolation)
     This is operating as a KETTLE Boiler, and produces Gas only
(Water vapour and drops). The fact that there was no (or only a little)
fluid water in the outlet means that there was very little condensation
in the outlet hose.

    B) 800W input, 7 l/hr water flow
    Little visible SteamPercolator effect happens quickly (Lots of water at the
outlet -- at 3:30 he empties the hose, and it refills in about 7
seconds.)
     This is operating as a TUBE Boiler. The fact that there was
lots of fluid water in the outlet (and still little condensation) means
that it was operating BELOW the Dryout Point..

    C) 800W input, 5 l/hr water flow
    Some visible SteamDelayed Percolator effect (Less fluid water at the
outlet.
At 3:47 -- it refills in about 30 seconds )
     With a lower mass flow the eCat-simulator can progress
further along the pipe/flow regime, and LESS fluid water goes down the
hose (takes longer to "percolate"). But it is still operating below the
Dryout Point.

    This experiment confirms my "Dryout Point" hypothesis.  - -- - - - - - - -

At least below the Dryout Point.  He didn't get it ABOVE the Dryout point, so
it's not totally confirmed.
His only control method is to reduce the flow rate, so it's not quite the same
as increasing the power.

I wish he'd put in a honking-big 2KW heater in that unit, and control V with a
Variac (or just a chopping-power controller).

----- Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:
> My attention was drawn to an excellent Rossi eCat simulator by a Rick Cantwell

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTl8z_2Uqo

> (It's main deficiency is that he's measuring temperatures on the surface of
> the tubes, not inside).

> It CONFIRMS my "dryout point" hypothesis.

I don't quite follow. How does it confirm this hypothesis? Please explain in
somewhat more detail.
Regarding the video, Rick does good work.