I wrote:

> I believe I saw a longer one somewhere. Will ask Lewan.

I stand corrected. Lewan said he has no videos of steam longer than this.
Here is his entire response, with permission:

Jed,

I only observed the tube held upright once and did not study it carefully.
There did come some water spurts after some time, but I couldn’t tell after
how long time.

My interpretation though is that Rick’s simulator runs below what Alan calls
the dry-out point, and the only way that you can make it similar to what I
observed is by cutting off the water flow (case A), thus eliminating the
overflow at the outlet which is inevitable when you are below dry-out point.

I’m fairly convinced that the Ecat I observed run above dry-out point, due
to my conclusions from the temperature at the outlet. But as the input heat
power supposedly was larger than in Rick’s simulator, the amount of
condensed water should have been larger than in case A below, and
consequently spurting might have occurred faster.

And as far as I can see in Rick’s video, the steam flow from his simulator
was weaker than the flow I observed.

Mats