Rossi's hose may be longer but the 25W/m cooling rate is much to small to
explain Levi's  statement that 50% of the steam is condensing in the hose.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Horace Heffner
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Rossi Steam Quality Updates

  On Aug 23, 2011, at 5:35 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

    Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

          a.. Percolator effect happens quickly (Lots of water at the outlet --
at 3:30 he empties the hose, and it refills in about 7 seconds.)
          This is operating as a TUBE Boiler.

    Do you mean it is overflowing? Water mixed with steam is pouring over of
the top? I am sure this is the case. You can see that from the temperatures as
well.

  You can not tell there is overflowing from the temperature traces, as far as
I can see.  The outlet temperature (the red curve) remains flat, stabilizing at
the boiling temperature at that elevation of about 94.5 degrees.  The
temperature in the lower part of the boiler becomes unstable when cold water is
pumped in, but this does not indicate whether water is overflowing at the top
or not.

    This does not happen with the eCat, as shown in the videos made by Lewan.

  How is it shown by Lewan's videos that water does not overflow from the E-Cat?

    I think Rossi's hose is much longer than Cantwell's so it gives off more
heat and holds more condensed water.

    - Jed

  Best regards,

  Horace Heffner