Yes I honestly mean toward 100C. If the metal is below 100C to start we never
get boiling so of course its above 100C (by alot) and will cool to 100C which
is the temp of boiling water.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:The Krivit Videos Part 3

  Joe Catania <zrosumg...@aol.com> wrote:

    The 3rd video refers to Levi shutting of the power to the E-Cat and steam
production continuing for 15 minutes. This could easily be explained by thermal
inertia. IE the metal and hydrogen of the E-Cat will still be at a high
temperature when power is shut off therefore boiling will continue at the
previous rate. Since the E-Cat water is at 100C already and the E-Cat is well
insulated I'd expect this E-cat thermal mass heat to decay exponentially
(approx.) toward 100C (according to conduction and convection laws) with a
characteristic time constant.

  Don't you mean it would rapidly cool below 100°C? Not "toward" but below. It
can't get any hotter than 100°C, or it would already when the power is turned
on.

  I think thermal inertia (total heat capacity; heat released from metal above
100°C) cannot explain continued boiling.

  Metals such as the steel and nickel catalyst have specific heat about 10
times lower than water. There is only a tiny bit of hydrogen gas; much less
than 1 g with negligible thermal mass. So nearly all the thermal mass is in the
water. Since the steam production continued, they must have left the pump
turned on, and new water flowing in.

  Based on this, I predict that without anomalous heat the boiling would stop
within a minute and the temperature would begin falling rapidly. As I said,
even if there was some metal or nickel powder much hotter than 100°C the
thermal mass of the hot metal is much lower than the water. I base this partly
on tests I have done lately with pots of boiling water with approximately as
much mass as a large eCat, I used a large, heavy pot with metal that was much
hotter than boiling; it continued to boil for several seconds after the gas
flame was turned off. After the first minute the temperate began falling
several degrees per minute. In 15 minutes it would far below boiling,
especially if the water continues to flow through.

  I think I uploaded a photo of the pot here. It has some small holes in the
lid, convenient for the thermocouples. The steam escapes from them.