>From one narcissist to another...

Seems ol Joe thinks he's converted the lot of us...

    http://www.theeestory.com/users/1681/posts#

"80kgs of metal can easily store over 40MJ. It's not on the level of a
discussion. My arguments have been extremely convincing as I think you can
tell by the recent conversion of vortex members and Krivit."

Joe Catania states,
"The band heater temp is ~900C. In September test my calculations show that
boiling could be produced for many hours. There is certainly a massive
amount of metal in the e-cat."

Joe:
So your reasoning is based on the band heater being 900C, and therefore the
majority of the massive amount of metal in the E-Cat is at or near that same
temperature. You sincerely think that everything underneath the insulation
is anywhere near that temp?  The melting point of lead is 327C, so we
certainly know that the lead is no more than one-third 900C, or else we'd
have a mass of molten lead on the table.

In addition, with the irregularity of the shape of the "plumbing", at least
with the old, tubular design, it is unlikely that there is much physical
contact between the lead shielding and the "plumbing" (water jacket), ergo,
poor heat conduction between the plumbing and the lead, ergo, not much heat
storage in the lead.

Finally, the only thing that could be anywhere near 900C is the (stainless
steel) core container that is the transfer medium between the reaction
material (Ni-powder-hydrogen-catalyst) and the water outside the core
container.

Conclusion:
Being that the only mass that could possibly be anywhere near 900C is the
reactor core container, which might be a few kilograms, would you care to
revise your "... not on the level of a discussion" heat storage estimate???

-Mark