If someone "Couldn't care less", it means that they care so little that it's
impossible for them to care any less than they do right now.

If someone "Could care less", it means that they care enough that it's possible
to care less.

Irregardless, people will continue to use the phrase to the four corners of the
earth. Supposably, it's commonplaced.