I am currently of the opinion that all the resistance to accepting the
possibility of cold fusion is irrational on the part of many. This
irrational way of thinking, the reluctance to accept new things, and he
emotional disruption of the judgment process may be rooted in the fact that
cold fusion is based primarily on the weirdness of quantum mechanics being
far removed from everyday life.

Having been faced with this clear and growing resistance to cold fusion,
early on, Rossi decided that a logical scientific argument was not the best
way to present cold fusion to the world.

Rossi instinctively recognized that the most powerful motivator of human
nature whether that nature is being expressed in terms of business,
government or simply the guy on the street is competition.

If an innovative business can use cold fusion to gain a decisive edge on its
competition, all other business must follow its lead or eventually face
bankruptcy; no matter what the religious, scientific, ideological, or
strategic position of those other companies might be.

The same is true for national governments. If one nation gains through the
adoption of cold fusion a decisive competitive global economic and military
advantage over all others, all these other national governments must
eventually follow along the same path of this early adopter or eventually
lose out to the demands of global competition.

For example, even if lowly starving North Korea or bankrupt Greece first
adopts cold fusion to generate power, it will eventually force the
all-powerful US government to incentivize the adoption of cold fusion no
matter how the Nuclear Regulatory Commission decides to disrupt cold fusion
initiative based on the traditional fear of possible military or radiation
dangers that this disruptive technology might imply.

If a nuclear scientist has spent his whole life studying the intricate and
obscure ways of the fission process of the light water reactor or the hot
fusion process of the tokomak, no matter how distasteful, that person must
eventually come over to the new cold fusion theory of the Rossi reactor
because that is where all the work will be...or he can retire.

When one analyzes the Rossi thought process, one must weigh in heavily the
primacy of competition as a means and a method in the Rossi commercial and
engineering strategy.

Like the tiniest of sparks struck in a tinder dry forest, a conflagration of
the old naysayer doctrinaire will once started be irresistible and
unstoppable.