Well, if I had been so confident that cold fusion or LENR or what ever you want
to call it is impossible, I would feel quite foolish at the moment.  He spent
many years of his career making fun of the serious researchers operating within
the field.

I'm not sure who will end up looking foolish here.  At this point, Rossi is far
from proving that his device is real.  Even if it is, skepticism is, at this
point in time, the correct perspective.

I suspect that the damage to the world and people caused by his attitude and
interference is incalculable.  Do you not think that the field was damaged by
he and a number of other prominent scientists?  We would all be better off had
they kept out of the loop entirely.

I don't know how much damage Park and other skeptics did to cold fusion
research.  I personally highly favor funding for cold fusion research in
proportion to the promise of a particular concept or implementation.  I think
most of the damage has been done by claimants who couldn't prove their theories
and whose devices did not work convincingly enough.

      To prevent federal funds from being spent on research is going to slow
down the research.  Do you not agree?  How about preventing the patent office
from accepting cold fusion devices?  Any problem there?