Am 12.11.2011 08:12, schrieb Mary Yugo:
Yikes!

Defamation would be:  "Rossi is a scammer"
Whats if we say "Rossi is a master scammer" ;-)
A personal opinion and perfectly legal: "Rossi may be a scammer (also he may not be one). Freedom of speech on that one, I think."

Really -- I had this issue come up before and I checked with an attorney who specializes in it. There's no defamation in suggestion a possibility. And the first sentence is only defamation if Rossi is not a scammer and can prove it in court. I'm not sure he could!

Im sure he can. Consider the case of Mike Brady.
They couldnt prove at court that the motors dont work. He had several witnesses, but no working examples. He refused to tell the names of customers and said these will be murdered, he must protect them. There where a scientist who presented theories how these motors might work and an engineer and inventor who said they have seen them working. The engineer (Adolf Schneider) has bought a motor himself and this did not work, but Schneider said he understands well why it doesnt work, and he is sure Brady will soon be able to solve the problem. Schneider is tightly connected with the free energy scene. Rossi visited Adolf Schneider in switzerland, probably it was Sterling Allan who made the contact. There is a photo at PESWiki.
Im sure Rossi could learn a lot during this visit.

He was not convicted because the motors did not work. He was convicted because he could not show a factory, because he had no stock parts. So he was unable to deliver but he has sold motors, took the money.
He pretended this is in a secret location in south africa.
He pretended he cannot build and demonstrate the motor because some unobtainable shielding material was not available.

This is why Brady finally was convicted at court in munich.

Rossi will deliver.
And should the e-cat fail to work, then this are technical problems. There are so many scientist that can witness the demonstrations. He can always say "it worked for sure, but sorry there is some secret and proprietary inobtanium needed for the catalyst and due to sabotage this vanished and I cannot get it now".

He'd have to show to the court's satisfaction that the E-cat was real and worked as advertised! Would he do that? He sure hasn't so far.
As said, Rossi has enough witnesses. He does not need to prove it works at court, at least not in germany.

If he has good advocates and good contracts then he can keep his customers silent....

Peter